Hemp Butter? Yep, it’s green and delicious, not to mention healthy for you! You can put it on your body if you like or you can bake or cook with it. It’s made with organic cocoa butter and coconut oil. Each ½ teaspoonful (3g) contains 20 mg of CBD sourced from organic, pesticide free, and heavy metal free industrial hemp. It is Full Spectrum but does meet the legal requirement of being under 0.3% THC.
It has a unique, sweet, buttery, and earthy taste. I suggest placing a dollop on top of your grilled steak or fish. Some may even use it as a spread for their toast or bagel. You can add it to salads or include it in a dip recipe for your veggies, fruit, or pretzels. It goes great in soups, smoothies, and sauces.
Here is a recipe to try out…
Hemp Butter Brownies
Makes 24 Brownies
- 6 tsp of hemp butter to make 24 10mg brownies (Use 3 tsp to make 5mg brownies)
- 2 ¼ sticks (54 tsp) of softened regular butter (Use 57 tsp for 5mg brownies)
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate- chopped roughly
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Optional: 1 tbsp espresso powder
- NOTE: Brownies cooked in a 9×13-inch pain would be cut into squares that are 2.25”x 2.6”
- Grease a 9×13-inch dark metal pan with softened butter… you can line with greased parchment paper to make removal easier.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine ¼ cup of cocoa powder and chopped chocolate and set aside in a heatproof cup or bowl. (Save remaining cocoa powder for the end)
- In a small saucepan, melt regular butter over medium heat and bring to a simmer (approx. 5 minutes)
- Pour hot butter over the chocolate mixture and let set for 2 minutes then whisk until completely smooth and melted. Set aside
- Combine hemp butter, sugars, vanilla, salt, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the previously mixed chocolate and blend until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and remaining cocoa powder and use a rubber spatula to gently fold until just combined.
- Pour the batter into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly puffed on top.
- Remove from oven and lightly drop on a flat surface 1 or 2 times to deflate the brownies.
- Return the pan to the oven for approx. another 20 minutes until the edges look cooked through but the center is still slightly under-baked. They will continue to cook as they cool.
- Place on cooling rack. Do not slice until completely cooled.